We proudly announce the release of oTranCe, the online Translation Center, version 1.0!
This version is stable and tested not only by software like PHP unit. It also has been approved by human beings such as communities, IT executives, developers and community managers in several projects: Mayflower, Steinigke Showtechnik GmbH, baby-markt.de, Supreme, MySQLDumper, Piwik and OXID eShop during the beta and RC phase.
oTranCe is not a cloud-based SaaS platform nor it is bound to any hosting platform. oTranCe can just be used as a free and libre open source software, published under GPLv2 and made for building up the translator community for your software project from scratch.
Hence, oTranCe comes without any setup, license or transaction costs. It is simple to install, well documented, based on Zend Framework and easy to update nonetheless you made changes. If you need more than the importer-plugins provided already, just write your own interface (you’re welcome to contribute it ;))
- import the already translated language files
- use a Google API key to get translation proposals
- export your project files to any SVN or to GitHub, enrich other files there and port them back to the built-in file browser. Set your project’s language files under version control to benefit from the latest translations made.
- grant access to guest users (e.g. non-translators) and go viral with your project
- download the present translations with a click, capable without registration
- use fine grained settings for rights and roles per user
Download the oTranCe installation package from sourceforge today! Please see the oTranCe installation tutorial on our wiki pages. In case of any issues during the installation please feel free to visit our forums.